Brad Wells of ThankYouSurfing and Christian de la Iglesia of F1RST Surf Shop | Division Wynwood discuss surf and culture.
Weekly Local Happenings
– Event Space Available at Division Wynwood
– Jose’s Wedding
– Local Lens: Annie Tworoger on the blog
– Women in Pro Surfing
– Mysto North Swell
– Surfing 200 Days a Year… In Miami!
– Larsen Clan
Learning to Surf
– Learning to Surf: Chris de la Iglesia
++North Beach: Tradewinds Surf Shop, Island Water Sports, Bird’s Surf Shop, Xisle Surf Shop
(Cameo by Ami James)
(Santi Sanz Joins)
– Learning to Surf: Santi Sanz
++ Kendal: Taking the Bus from Don Carters
++ Catching the First Real Wave…Then a Rock.
– Learning to Surf: Brad Wells
++ Long Island, New York: Boogieboarding, Skating, Snowboarding
++ Wetsuits as a Way of Life
– The Old Days at SoBe
++ Kids Getting Beat-on by Old Guys
++ Rules of the Line-up and Localism
– Learning to Surf as an Adult
++ Trial and Error as a Method of Learning
Surfing in the Olympics
– Snowboarding in the Olympics
– Losing the Counterculture / Rebellion
– Shaun White
– Snowboarding Raising the Bar
– Surfing in the Olympics
++ Wave Pool (Kelly Slater Wave Company)
++ Surfing in a Controlled Environment
++ An Even Playing Field (Apples to Apples)
Learning to Surf
– Surf on the Internet
++ Dade Co Surf (Tom Cook / Greg Gordon)
++ Forecasting Surf in Miami
– “Still a kook’
++ NE Mega-chop and Masochism
Why Have Quiver of Surfboards?
– Where does “quiver” come from?
– The 3 Board Quiver
– Getting older…and still surfing.
– The Wetsuit Factor
– Why everyone needs a big board (that fits in their car/elevator)
– Shortboards and Volume Counts
– Hypto Krypto and Volume