This is Disney. Don’t Get Us Kicked Out.
Failure to follow rules can result in the cancellation of remaining waves, ending the event without refund.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs are not permitted at Walt Disney World® Resort, including Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.
- Show up at Typhoon Lagoon at July 15th, 2017 at 6:45am 1145 Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, FL 32830
- Our event starts at 7:15am, but we must arrive 30 minutes prior to the event time.
- All participants and spectators must arrive together to complete consent forms.
- Waves run from 5 to 5 1⁄2 feet high. Wave height cannot be adjusted.
- Waves for standard events are divided up into 4 sets of 25 waves.
- We can choose between left peak and right peak
- We may choose combinations of those waves in increments of 25
- There is no bodysurfing or swimming allowed.
- Bring your own boards. Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will not supply any boards for our event
Note: Boards with extra volume help to compensate for lesser floatation. Chlorinated water isn’t as dense as ocean water, so your board will sink more than you are used-to.
- At our request, they are able to play music provided by us during the event. All music must fall within Disney standards and cannot contain any objectionable material (e.g. profanity). Music can be played through the park sound system from any MP3 or smartphone device.
- You and your guests are permitted to take photographs during your scheduled event. Photographs may be taken from the side of the pool and 20 feet back from the red line that is in the pool. Any photographs taken while surfing must use a GoPro camera mounted to the surfer’s head, chest, or surfboard. Surfers may not hold or put a camera in their mouth, no may they use any other brand or type of camera. All photographs taken pursuant to this section may only be for personal use, and for no other purpose. Camera sticks, such as “selfie sticks” or drones are not permitted into the park.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will monitor the weather up to the start of and during our event. If lightning is within 10 miles of the water park, the event will take a 30 minute delay and consult the Guests on options for continuing or cancelling.
- ThankYouSurfing is not responsible for these aspects of surfing the pool.
After the Pool
- If there’s waves, it makes sense to go to the coast to surf. So maybe keep your schedule open to stay upcoast for the weekend!